Serving Metro Atlanta in Pain management & Women's Health
(404) 294 - 6284
(404) 409 - 6961
2786 North Decatur Rd, Suite 220, Decatur, Ga. 30033
3841 Holcomb Bridge Rd., Norcross, Ga. 30092
Click to schedule an appointment online
Join us !
Meet the practitioners
Yu Kang, LAc, RD, LD, DipOM is the owner and clinical director of Medical Acupuncture & Nutrition, Inc.
Yu Kang, LAc, RD, LD, DipOM is a network provider for Aetna, Cigna, United Healthcare, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Kaiser, Humana, medicare (dietitian), etc. She has the following credentials:
● Doctoral degree in Oriental Medicine from Shandong University of Chinese Medicine
● Master’s degree in Nutrition from Pennsylvania State University, PA
● Master’s degree in Clinical Neural Science from China Academy of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Beijing
● Licensed Acupuncturist, GA, Lic. No. 000102
● Licensed Dietitian, GA, Lic. No. LD002921
● Registered Dietitian, American Dietetic Association
● ServSafeFood Protection Manager Certification, National Restaurant Association, Certificate No. 2657525
● Diplomate in Chinese Herbology (National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine)
● Diplomate in Acupuncture (National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine)
● Diplomate in Oriental Medicine (National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine)
Dr. Li Shijun is a Tuina master who has 35 years of clinical experience.
DR. LI OFFERS INDIVIDULIZED TREATMENT FOR
Dr. Naima Lewis is a Yoga therapist and a college professor.
Dr. Naima Lewis received her Ph.D. in Education from the Univ. of California at Berkeley, her Masters in Dance from Mills College, and her Bachelors in Physical Education from Calif. St. Univ. at Los Angeles. She has taught Dance, Health, Human Development, Fitness, and Wellness courses as a full time professor, adjunct and visiting professor at U.C. Berkeley, Howard Univ., Clark Atl. Univ., Fort Valley St. Univ., Kennesaw St., Univ., and Florida A&M Univ. She has served as a consultant for the CDC, DHS, CSAP and for many nonprofit and for profit agencies nationally. She has lectured, performed, taught and researched in Ghana, Nigeria, Benin, Haiti, Jamaica, Virgin Islands, Guadeloupe, Paris, and Brazil. She is the author of the book "Holistic Counseling: An Innovative Approach to Self-Empowerment;" video “Self-Empowerment processing;” DVD“ Cultivate Spirituality through Yoga;” DVD “Yoga for Weight Loss;” CD “Moments in Meditation” and several articles regarding Health and Wellness.
Dr. Lewis also serves as a Yoga Therapist for several organizations where she trains her clients to manage stress and pain through breathing, meditation and relaxation postures. Her programs enable clients to access their full wellness potential through appropriate exercises designed for them personally.
Introducing Tai Chi Master-Master Wang
Master Yingzhang Wang Started to learn martial arts at four years old, Chi Kung and Tai chi at seven.
Master Wang taught fifty-one different styles of Chinese martial arts from 1991 to 2005. There are more than 2,500 people who learned tai chi, martial arts, and qigong from him. Master Wang has been a judge eleven times at the International Chinese Martial Arts Tournament. Seven of his students have received 4 Gold, 14 Silver and 7 Bronze awards at the International Chinese Martial Arts Tournament since 2000.
Master Wang received the "Instructor of The Year" award "For Outstanding Contributions to the Students and Community" from Gwinnett County Schools and the Parks and Recreation Division in March 2001.
Master Wang has 6 published DVDs: “48 Form Tai chi with Limited Foot Movement” ; “2nd Lu of Hunyuan Qigong” ; “Introduction to Snake Quan”, “27 Forms Tai Chi Stick”, “Tuina (Acupressure)” and “Basics of martial art”.
Introducing Massage therapist - Dawn Kelly
Dawn Kelly is a licensed Massage Therapist (LMT).
Dawn graduated from Agnes Scott College in Decatur with a B.A. in Visual Arts. She was a member of the college dance company, Studio Dance Theatre. Dawn has taught ballet, tap, jazz, modern and fitness movement for over 20 years. Her passion and goal is to help people connect to their body and spirit thru dance and discover personal well-being thru movement.
Dawn is currently expanding her knowledge and experience thru yoga teacher training certification.
Dawn is a licensed massage therapist. She graduated from ASHA School of Massage in Norcross. Her training includes Neuromuscular Therapy, Swedish Massage, and
Real People, Developing Stories.
Yu Kang, LAC, RD, LD, DIPOM presented Acupuncture, Herbs & Women's health for the National Black Art Festival at the GA World Congress Center on 7.26.08
After only 2 acupuncture treatments, Patient D (6'8") proudly stands up in the lobby without scooter. This exciting moment was caught on a cell phone camera 1/25/08.
Yu Kang, LAC, LD, RD, DIPOM showed guests the meridian (energy path in the human body) on a acupuncture model at the open house on Nov. 26th, 2010.
Yu Kang, LAc, RD, LD, DIPOM's WORKING EXPERIENCE
01/05-present, Acupuncturist, Herbalist & Nutrition Consultant, Medical Acupuncture & Nutrition, Decatur, GA
Independent practice, offers nutritional consultations, individualized herbal prescriptions, functional exercise and acupuncture.
*Women’s health, i.e., excessive vaginal discharge, menstrual irregularities, incontinence, endometriosis, infertility and menopause
*Pain management, i.e., fibromyalgia, migraine, osteoarthritis, and sciatica;
*Chronic disease management, i.e., obesity, hypertension, diabetes, high cholesterol, gastritis, bed-wetting, anxiety/depression and adult attention deficit (ADD).
08/05 - present, Renal Dietitian
Kidney Hypertension Clinic, Inc. Lawrenceville, GA
- Provide nutritional consultations to patients on hemo and peritoneal dialysis (including diet counseling for diabetes, renal, hypercholestemia, triglyceride control)
01/04 -07/05, College Professor, Acupuncturist and Dietitian
Edgewood College of GA. Norcross, GA
- Taught clinical nutrition, biology and microbiology to students enrolled in the Master’s Program of Acupuncture
- Independent practice at school’s clinic, offered nutritional consultations and acupuncture to students and staff
09/02 - 05/03, Dietitian Intern
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA
- Provided nutritional care for inpatient medical, surgical, and critical care units
- Taught nutritional education class to patients and families before/after open heart surgery
10/02 - 03/03, Nutrition Research Aid
General Clinical Research Center,Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA
- Gained experience in research recipe testing
- Prepared meals for patients on different research diets
- Carried out accurate tray services to patients on research diets
08/99-08/02, Nutrition Research Assistant
Nutrition Department, Pennsylvania State University, PA
- Conducted master thesis project “Assessment of plasma levels of Acute Phase Proteins after iron and zinc supplements among children in Guatemala”
07/97 - 02/99, Internist, Xi-Yuan Hospital, Beijing, China
- Worked in the outpatient clinic, treated patients with acupuncture and herbs
Yu Kang. Strategy of Traditional Chinese Medicine for Acute Stoke. New England
Journal ofTraditional Chinese Medicine Vol. (2), No. 2, 2003
Yu Kang. Treatment of trigeminal neuralgia with acupuncture. New England Journal ofTraditional Chinese Medicine Vol. (1), No. 4, 2003
Zhiyou Yun, Yu Kang. A new treatment of insomnia using jasmine root. Henan Journal Of Chinese Medicine 17(4), 1997.
Dongjian Sun, Yu Kang. The treatment of 168 cases of apoplexy with Chinese Medicine. Journal of Binzhou Medical College 19(4), 1996.
Yu Kang. Probe into the essence of Traditional Chinese Medicine. Report Of China Academy of Traditional Chinese Medicine No.12, 1995.
Medical Acupuncture & Nutrition
2786 North Decatur Rd, Suite 220
Decatur, GA 30033
3841 Holcomb Bridge Rd
Norcross, Ga, 30092
Fertility Treatments in Atlanta | Atlanta Pregnancy |Acupuncture in Atlanta | Gynecology Acupuncture Clinic Atlanta | Acupuncture loss weight | Herbal Acupuncture in Atlanta | About Atlanta Acupuncturists | Acupuncture Conditions Treated in Atlanta | Acupuncture Testimonials | Acupuncture Videos | Acupuncture Marietta, GA | Acupuncture Decatur, GA | Acupuncture Dunwoody, GA | Acupuncture Sandy Springs, GA | Acupuncture Virginia Highlands, GA |
Yu Kang, OMD, L.Ac. is available to give workshops and lectures on acupuncture and alternative medicine at your company, group, church or organization. Topics include stress reduction; weight loss; acupuncture for infertility; diabetes, high blood pressure, menopause and pain management.
Yu Kang, OMD, L.Ac. treats patients injured in auto accidents and is featured in Your Legal Guide
Copyright this business. All rights reserved.